Propella has a range of platform solutions for property asset owners (office buildings, build to rent developments, retail precincts or community assets) that help you plan for, and manage, assets through customer and location intelligence insights.
Our clients' trust and partnership are very important to us. That's why we want to provide clarity around how we use your information.
As you use and interact with Propella's website, applications, products, and services, we process information from and about you in order to provide access to our tools, an enhanced experience, and support. That means that we collect, use, transmit, store, share, and erase your information.
This Privacy Statement describes how Propella processes your information and explains the choices available to you with respect to your information.
If you have any questions or concerns about how Propella processes your information or about this Privacy Statement, you can email us at email@example.com
Our Relationship With You
In situations where our users are subject to our Subscriber Agreement, Propella is the processor/service provider (a provider that processes personal data on behalf of or at the direction of a controller, or other similar designation under the law) and our customer (usually a company or organization) is the controller/business (the entity that decides how and why information is processed) of the information provided to Propella. In all other cases, Propella is the controller of the information.
For example, if you create an account with
- your corporate email address, your company is the controller of that information.
- a free email domain (like gmail.com) or personal email account, Propella is the controller.
Propella can only be used by companies.
As such, if you’re using Propella through your company, or with your company, email address, your company’s own Propella administrator is responsible for the accounts associated with that company or institution and can: restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to or ability to use the services, access information about you, access or retain information stored with us (including your workspace content and log data about your use of Propella), and restrict your ability to edit, restrict, modify, or delete information associated with your use of our products and services.
Information We Process
Propella processes information we receive directly from you, automatically collected when you use Propella applications or visit our website, and collected by Propella from third parties.
Information Propella Receives Directly From You
Information needed to create an account
This includes information that is needed for Propella to create an account for you and manage your ability to log in and out of Propella:
- Identifiers, such as first and last name and email address
- Your password for Propella applications
- Information related to a third-party authentication identity provider
If you upgrade your account to a paid account, Propella may collect:
- Billing information, such as name, address, and telephone number
- Financial information, such as credit card information collected by our payment processors on our behalf
- Information about your chosen Propella applications plan
Information you provide to us through your use of Propella applications
- Information from emails you forward to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Profile photo and other information you choose to include to describe yourself, only collected if you do choose to provide it, such as your gender pronouns
- Professional or employment information, such as your title or role at your company
- Any other information you choose to provide while using Propella applications that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you
Other information you may provide to us when you interact with Propella applications in other ways
You may voluntarily provide us with information when you interact with us in other ways, such as when you directly interact with Propella staff, such as our sales, user research, or user operations groups. Propella may process:
- Your requests, questions, and responses to us via forms or email
- Information you provide in connection with Propella applications, or case studies if you choose to participate
- Information to verify your identity
- Your date of birth
- Your audio and video, if you participate in a sales call, user research study or seminar and do not opt-out of call recording
Information automatically processed when you visit our website or use our mobile or desktop app
Information related to your use of Propella applications and our website
We may also collect the following:
- Metadata and inference information related to your use of Propella, our website, and third-party integrations to better understand the way you work in Propella.
- Internet network activity, cookies, and similar tracking technologies, including data our servers automatically record, such as your web request, IP address, browser type and settings, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, date and time stamp information, language preferences, and other such information.
- Information collected as a result of participation in beta testing
- Information about how you interact with our marketing website, like propella.ai, such as where you click, how long you visit a page, your scrolling, mouse hovers, and other data to help us better understand your experience and provide you with the best user experience
- Device information and activity when you use Propella via a mobile device, such as the type of device you are using, device IDs, operating system version, and mobile network information, which may include your mobile phone number.
- Derived device geolocation information, such as approximate geographic location inferred from an IP address
Information Propella Receives from Other Sources
Sometimes Propella receives your information from third parties (other individuals, marketing services, third-party integrations), which may include:
- Information processed from third-party integrations you set up with Propella. For example, a third-party integration may give us access to information stored in that third party that Propella will process to facilitate the integration
- Name, email, and business contact information
- Information about you provided to us from other individuals or users of Propella
How We Use Your Information
Propella uses your information to operate our products and services, communicate with you, process transactions when you change Propella plans, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with the law. We may process your information to:
Provide services to you and operate our business
- Maintain, provide and improve our products and services
- Help us better understand user interests and needs, and customize Propella for you
- Analyse and research how you interact with our website and applications
- Protect Propella and you, for example:
- Securing our systems and products against fraud or unauthorized activity
- Identifying, troubleshooting, and fixing bugs and errors
- Complying with global laws and regulations
- Investigate (in good faith) alleged violations of our terms
- Comply with a valid legal request or other lawful processes that we determine is necessary to respond to
- If you use Propella as part of an organization, company, or academic institution, Propella will process your personal information as required by our contract with your organization or academic institution. Those contractual terms may differ from, and take precedence over, the uses described in this Privacy Statement.
In addition, we use information about your use of Propella, account information (such as your email address and name), and information related to third-party integrations to:
- Communicate with you:
- About Propella by phone, text, email, or chat
- To share important notices and updates, product changes, and other necessary notices such as security and fraud alerts
- To advertise or market Propella services to you. You have the ability to unsubscribe from promotional communications at any time
- Facilitate reporting and analyze performance of the Propella platform or features available in Propella
- Provide webinars or public presentations
- Demonstrate Propella or provide you access to a demo Propella instance
- Process your information at your direction
- Provide cross-device management of your account. For example, we may locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones or tablets), or work with service providers that do this, in order to save your preferences across devices and analyse usage of our products and services.
Provide you with support and get your feedback
- Respond to your requests for information
- Help identify and troubleshoot any issues with your account and answer your questions
- Resolve support requests
- Provide you with reports about usage
- Survey your opinions through surveys, research studies, and questionnaires
Unless otherwise prohibited by law, we may combine the information that we collect through your use of our products and services with information that we receive from other sources, both online and offline and use that combined information as set out above.
Aggregated and De-identified data
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information related to your use of Propella applications so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device. We may use such aggregated and de-identified data for any purpose, including but not limited to for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others.
How We Share Your Information
We need to share the information we collect about you to make our products and services run smoothly and to operate our business under the following conditions:
Service Providers and Subprocessors. We may provide access to or share your information with select third parties that use the information on our behalf to assist in providing Propella’s services, website, and features. These third parties provide a variety of services to us, including without limitation sales, marketing, provision of content and features, advertising, analytics, research, data storage, security, fraud prevention, and other services.
Advertising and Marketing. We may provide information collected when you visit the Propella website (such as email addresses) to service providers, who may “match” this information in de-identified form to cookies (or mobile ad identifiers) and other proprietary IDs, in order to provide you with more relevant Propella ads when you visit other websites.
Because you ask us to share. We may disclose your information to third parties when you ask us to do so. This includes when you connect Propella with other tools via our available integrations.
Consistent with your settings within our products and services. Please note that the information you submit through and share in Propella applications may be viewable by other users in your team, division, organization, depending on the specific settings you have selected and if an organization has been created for your domain.
Business Transfers. If the ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, or all or some of our assets are sold as part of a bankruptcy or other proceeding, we may transfer your information to the new owner so that the services can continue to operate. In such case, your information would remain subject to the promises and commitments contained in this Privacy Statement until the acquiring party updates it. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws or agreements, Propella will comply with those restrictions.
Compliance with legal obligations. To comply with valid legal requests or other lawful processes. We will notify individuals or customers of that request unless we are prohibited from doing so by law or court order; or there are exceptional circumstances, such as an emergency involving the risk of bodily injury or death to a person or group of people or potential harm to minors.
If you have one, your company’s own Propella account administrator. If you’re using Propella in connection with an organization, academic institution, or company domain, your company’s own Propella account administrator can export data associated with the domain they manage if they have a subscription plan that allows them to do so.
We use and share the categories of information we collect from and about you consistent with the various business purposes we discuss throughout this Privacy Statement. We do not share your information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. We do not sell your information as defined under applicable law.
Protection, Storage, Transfer & Retention of Your Information
Propella takes technical and organizational measures to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is absolutely secure, and so we cannot ensure or warrant the security of that information. We are constantly updating and improving our safeguards.
When you use our products and services, information about you will be transferred to where the majority of Propella’s data processing occurs.
We will retain your information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, to make our products and services available to you, or as instructed by you, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
If you work in a regulated industry like finance or government, establishing clear data residency may be a necessity for operating in a cloud environment. More generally, it can also help you meet company data management requirements.
All of Propella’s data assets are hosted in data centres across the Australian east coast and comply with GDPR standards.
Other Important Information
Marketing Practices and Choices
If you receive an email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs, to capture data, such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
You may instruct us not to use your contact information to contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding products, services, promotions, and special events that might appeal to your interests by contacting us at the “Contact Us & Privacy Info” section below. In commercial email messages, you can also opt-out by following the instructions located at the bottom of such emails.
Please note that, regardless of your request, we may still use and share certain information as permitted by this Privacy Statement or as required by applicable law. For example, you may not opt-out of certain transactional, operational, or service-related emails, such as those reflecting our relationship or transactions with you.
Legal Bases for Processing Your Information
Our legal basis under the Australian Privacy Act (APA, 1988), for collecting and using your information described above will depend on the particular type of information and the specific context in which we collect it. However, some examples of legal bases for processing that we rely on:
- Where use of your information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you
- Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security, operate our products and services, prevent fraud, analyse the use of and improve our products and services, and for similar purposes)
- Where use of your information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation
- Where we have your consent to process data in a certain way
Your Privacy Rights
Your Privacy Rights
Propella users use our applications and products to review locational insights that bring clarity to their work. Regardless of what state you’re located in, we respect your ability to know, access, correct, export, restrict the processing of, and delete your information, and have extended those rights globally. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights.
Information About Your Rights
Upon your request, and subject to applicable legal exceptions, we will:
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- prevent the processing of your information for promotional purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- update information that is out of date or incorrect
- delete certain information which we have about you
- restrict the way that we process and disclose some of your information
- transfer your information to a third party provider of services
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information
Propella does not sell your data, as defined under applicable law, such as the APA.
Exercising Your Rights
We will need to verify your identity and may need to verify your relationship with Propella (for example, if you’re an administrator of a Propella Organization and you’re making a request on behalf of another individual) for security and to prevent fraud.
We may take additional steps to verify that you are authorized to make the request. If you are an end-user of Propella’s services and not a direct customer of Propella (for example, your company uses Propella and you’re an employee or authorized representative of that company), you should direct requests relating to your information to the administrator of your company’s Propella applications account. We will redirect you to your administrator or notify the administrator directly. To exercise your privacy rights, please email us at email@example.com
Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation.
Changes To Our Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement to make sure it accurately reflects our data collection and use practices, our amazing features, advances in technology, or as applicable laws require. We will comply with applicable legal requirements regarding providing you with notice and/or consent when we make such changes, depending on the type of change made. We also provide information about how our Privacy Statement has changed over time below.
Contact Us and Privacy Questions
Propella is located at Level 15, 414 La Trobe St, Melbourne, VIC 3000. If you wish to contact us or if you have any questions about or complaints in relation to this notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.